This week in school we learned, mainly, about three things:
1. Human rights abuse and environmental abuse are inextricably connected.
2. River ecosystems are extensive, delicate, and beautiful.
3. Dams are absurdly destructive.
Now for the next three weeks, we will:
1. Live, work, and sleep with communities suffering from environmental/human rights injustice.
2. Touch, see, and study river ecosystems that have been dying, out of balance, severed in half by dams.
3. Visit a whole lot of dams.
I'll update again when I get back!